Purley John Fisher RFC have been newly promoted to Surrey 1 from Surrey 2. The Club is looking for a new head coach who wants to further his or her coaching CV. The Club is rebuilding and has ambitious plans both on and off the pitch. The new coach will be key to helping the club achieve its playing ambitions. The Club is looking to appoint a new coach by the middle of June at the latest. The right person will be ambitious and creative, and excellent people skills are essential. The position will suit a qualified level 2 coach who wants to develop their coaching skills with the ambition of going on to take their level 3 coaching badge. The following attributes will be expected:
• To demonstrate very good people skills, earn the respect of players and be able to respond to challenges.
• Be highly motivated and be a good motivator who is able to get the best out of players
• To come to a vision of how the playing strength can be developed both as individuals and as a team.
• To prepare the team so that it can respond to the problems posed by the opposition during matches
• To be involved in team selection and form a constructive relationship with the club’s senior players
• To attend matches and manage off the pitch activities for the first team on Saturdays including the warm up and managing changes during the game
• To provide post match feedback to the captain and individual players after games
The time requirements of the Coaches role:
• To plan and deliver one training session a week. (Training night is currently Wednesday nights)
• To contribute towards selection and liaison with the players
• To attend match days and manage the off field elements that directly affect the players
• To work with the playing management to select teams and manage team affairs
• To contribute towards any club developments as the club grows.
The role is part time and remuneration will be based upon expenses incurred at a rate agreed with the committee. All expressions of interest should be forwarded to Niel Kenny .